Dr. Whitehead is an in-network provider with the following insurers only in Georgia:
- Anthem/ Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- United Health
Reasonable efforts will be made to verify your insurance benefits prior to the initial assessment, so that you are informed of your financial responsibility that is due at the time of each appointment.
For all other insurance companies and residents of NC, Dr. Whitehead is considered an out of network provider and does not directly bill the insurance company. You may have out of network benefits, which allows you to see any therapist, pay directly at the time of service, and be partially reimbursed by your insurance provider. Dr. Whitehead can provide you with a receipt for services so that you may submit documentation to your insurance company for reimbursement. Many companies will cover at least 50% of fees. If you are relying upon reimbursement from your insurance company in order to invest in therapy, please let Dr. Whitehead know, so that she may assist in offering referrals for in network providers for your insurance company.
In order to determine what portion of fees will be reimbursed by your insurance company is to contact them directly prior to the first appointment by calling the customer/member services number on the back of your insurance card. When speaking with your insurance company: you will ask the following questions:
- Do I have out-of-network outpatient mental health/ behavioral health benefits?
- If so, what is the amount of my deductible (the amount of money you have to pay before your insurance company will start to reimburse you) for out-of-network providers?
- Have I already paid/met my deductible? If not, how much remains of my deductible?
- Are there any limitations to outpatient mental health services (i.e a certain number of sessions, reimbursement for only certain types of diagnoses, a limited amount of money allowed for these reimbursements)?
- Do I need a special kind of referral (i.e. from a primary doctor) before I can be reimbursed?
- Do my benefits cover online counseling sessions? If not, what is the process to receive authorization?